Saturday, August 1, 2009

merci! gracias! THANK YOU.

Last night was the benefit concert at Hope of the Nations. Only one word can describe it: INCREDIBLE. How beautiful it was to be able to share my story and the story of what God is doing in Liberia, in the lives of those precious children that live there. I am immeasurably blessed to have had that opportunity.

Thank you so very much to all of you who came out & showed your love and support. And thankyouthankyouTHANKYOU to everyone who helped put this whole thing together! I've said it a million times, but it's true - there's no way I can do any of this without you. Thank you, Jewels, for birthing this event - love you times a million! Thank you to those who decorated (Mary, you're awesome!) Thank you to everyone who baked all the yummy desserts (and thank you, Cordie, for taking care of planning that!) Thank you, Callowhill Cafe, for donating the coffee. Thank you, Al & Donny, for doing the sound and A/V. Thank you, Bala and Laly, for being my creative geniuses. :) And thank you, Gustavo and Twila, for being not only my pastors but my dear, precious friends. Thank you for supporting and encouraging me. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for caring about the things that make my heart cry.

And finally, thank you so incredibly much to everyone who gave. The offering last night totaled over $1,500! (And that's not even counting any proceeds from Jewels' merchandise or donations from my monthly sponsors.)
God is so amazingly faithful! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that last night was just the beginning of something special in my life, in the life of my church (just like you said, Twila!) and in the lives of all of you who have joined me on this journey.

Much, much love to each and every one of you.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment