Sunday, October 17, 2010

Coming up next...

I know that many of you are praying continually for both myself and the kids here in Liberia, and I want to thank you for that. I'd also like to ask for you to join me in prayer about something new that's happening in the Child Development Program.

Many of you have heard me say that Liberia is an extremely "religious" country--but that religion doesn't always necessarily translate to transformed lives. See, one of the things I've noticed as I've been working with the kids here is that, while they certainly have a whole lot of head knowledge about the things of God, most of them lack any sort of deeper understanding that translates to their heart. These kids can quote me scripture after scripture, and they know all the right answers to every 'God question' I can give them. But I've found myself wondering more and more often, Do they really know Jesus? Do they truly understand what price he paid--for them!--on the cross? Do they know how to live their lives as "new creations", loved, redeemed, and free?

This year, then, the kids in the Child Development Program are going back to the basics. We're starting from scratch, and we're going to walk through the Gospel together, from beginning to end. It is my goal to "preach Christ crucified" (1 Corinthians 1:23), and I wholeheartedly anticipate that we will see God move in some pretty amazing ways. I believe that these kids will come to know, beyond a shadow of any doubt, that they are fully and deeply loved by their Savior--and I believe that knowledge will forever change their lives.

So will you please pray for this with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment