Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everything In Its Place

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about order and organization. While it's true that I have gotten much better about keeping my cool in the midst of a mess, I still have a hard time leaving anything laying around; it's like I feel compelled to pick it up and put it back where it belongs!
So, something I'd been wanting to do for a while was to create a "supply area" here at the team house for the Child Development Program. All of the crayons, pencils, construction paper, scissors, etc. were scattered throughout the office in various bins, boxes, and suitcases, and that made it difficult to keep an inventory of our supplies. (Plus, they were just taking up too much space!) So, we decided we would take some measurements and find someone to make us a shelf for CDP materials.

This weekend, though, Ashley and I decided to go check out a local garage sale -- and we found a shelf that was just like the one we had in mind! We got a great deal on it and happily took it back to the house.

The next task, then, was to dig through all the program's supplies and organize them accordingly on the shelf: one bin for markers, one bin for glue sticks, etc. -- and labeling everything, of course!
We had some time this morning, so we eagerly got to work. A few hours later, we flopped down on the couch (drenched in sweat, might I add!) to admire the finished product. Ain't it pretty?!

No comments:

Post a Comment